Motor Vehicle services overview

No matter how or when you chose to renew your vehicle registration, we can help. Visit us in person (and bring your documents), do it yourself online.


You can register online to have your vehicle registration automatically renewed each year, renew your vehicle online yourself annually, or sign up for an email reminder letting you know your registration is due.

Sign Up Here!


Now that the government is no longer sending notices in the mail reminding Albertans when it’s time to renew their vehicle registration, it’s more important than ever that you take the necessary steps to make sure you know when your renewal month is so that it is processed in time to receive your:
• new validation sticker to display on your valid licence plate
• vehicle registration card
When coming in to renew your registration make sure to bring your vehicles current insurance slip.


To replace your lost or stolen plate, year sticker or registration, you will be required to provide your operator’s licence or two pieces of identification as well provide your licence plate number to our office and pay the required fee.


Come in to our office to order your personalized plate today. We will make sure that your plate is available and send the proper documents up to the government to complete the order. Personalized plates are $214 and gift certificates are available for personalized plates.


Either by visiting the doctors or self declaring on a Disabled Placard Form you can come in to receive your Disabled Placard for $9.45.

Click Here and learn more about the Motor Vehicle Services at Service Alberta

Operator Licence Services

Come to our registries to renew your driver’s licence. You must bring your old licence. If your licence has been misplaced or stolen, bring in a government issued photo ID or three pieces of non-photo ID, this includes Alberta Health Care Card, Birth certificate, and current mail. Drivers with a medical condition (licences with a condition medical code “C”), 75 years of age or older or who hold a professional driver’s licence Class 1, 2 and 4 must bring a completed medical form from your doctor.
If your driver’s licence expired more than six months ago, you’ll need to provide proof of legal entitlement to be in Canada (birth certificate, passport, etc.) as well as proof of your residency in Alberta (utility bill, residential lease agreement, etc.).
If it expired more than three years ago, you will need to pass the written and road tests before a new driver’s licence will be issued.

Click Here and learn more about the Operator Licence Services at Service Alberta

When moving to Alberta you have 90 days until you must obtain an Alberta Operators Licence. When switching your out of province licence to an Alberta licence you must provide proof of legal presence and Alberta residency.

Required ID
• One piece of ID proving legal presence in Canada. This could be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate, and Work or Study Permit.
• One piece of documentation providing proof of Alberta residency dated within the last 90 days. (examples are a utility bill, mailed bank statement, lease or rental agreement, pay stub, letter from a school or employer, electronic utility bill..etc)
• Your out of province/country drivers licence. If your out of province licence is lost you must provide a confirmation of driving history from your previous province or country.

Click Here and learn more about exchangeing your licence at Service Alberta

Registries Direct has a knowledge testing centre that provides exams for the follow classes:
• 7 GDL learners
• Class 6 Motorcycle
• Commercial Class 1
• Commercial Class 2
• Commercial Class 3
• Commercial Class 4
• Airbrakes

For Knowledge tests, no booking is required. Bring in acceptable government issued photo ID and proper documentation for first time services.
The Class 7 can be taken in the following 10 languages:
• Arabic
• Chinese (Traditional)
• English
• Farsi
• French
• Hindi
• Punjabi
• Spanish
• Tagalog
• Vietnamese

Click Here and learn more about Knowledge Tests at Service Alberta

Our Registries provides Road test exams for the following classes:
• Class 5 GDL
• Advanced Class 5 non-GDL
• Motorcycle Class 6 (summer & spring only)
• Commercial Class 4

Come into our registries today to book your appointment, book over the phone at 403.520.2000, or
OnLine by clicking below.

Click Here and learn more at Service Alberta